Sunday, May 15, 2011

MISSION STATEMENT AND PURPOSE

Robert Woodrow McCumsey, Sr. and Betty Jane (Taylor) McCumsey
Judith Ann McCumsey, Robert Woodrow McCumsey, Jr., Barbara Jean McCumsey and Sandra Lee McCumsey
first four children of Robert and Betty


I started this journey of family research in the early 1970s, long before the internet was a reality. In time, I came to rely on the Internet in my own genealogy and indeed a lot of research was already done for me. I received invaluable help from many family members who were also researching the family.

Many of you have helped me both financially and emotionally with my work, and I thank you all. Members of the McCumsey, McComsey and McCumpsey families were all subscribers to the newsletter that Dick and I started when we lived in GA. "McCumsey Family Footprints and Ancestor Antics" was the name of the newsletter and it was sent to all parts of the United States.  To all who joined me in that endeavor, I thank you. I so much appreciated the opportunity to get to know you.

My goals were to trace the McCumsey family back to the immigrant ancestor from Europe and then take it farther and discover the life they had in Scotland or Ireland. It is my prayer that each of you will continue to love and honour our family enough to pass the torch on to future generations. Perhaps we can leave our footprints deeply enough so that they will have a path to follow. That is why we have founded "McCumsey Family Footprints and Ancestors Group" on Facebook. May it always be a guiding light to follow and may God always lead the way.

Now, I would like to continue this journey with this blog to update what is happening in the family and any new news that any of us may find newsworthy. After all, it takes all of us, working together, to keep this all on track.

God bless you all!

Judith McCumsey Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment